Ilm Academy started as a collaborative brainchild of local scholars, a veteran educator, and Muslim parents in Irvington District, Fremont, who felt the pressing need for a full service Islamic school in the area. Alhamdullilah, since that moment, there has been no looking back. Ilm Academy announced 2010-11 as its first academic school year.
Beginning as K-2, an initial enrollment of seventeen children, and a staff of three teachers, the school has come a long way. From the academic year 2017-18 Ilm Academy has been operating K-8 from its new location as part of the ICF expansion project.
Ilm Academy is proud to be on the list of reasons why many out-of-state families plan their move to the bay area. The exceptional level of education provided by the school is achieved through teachers chosen not only for their qualifications but also for their dedication and zeal for working within the unique environment of an Islamic School.
At ILM Academy we believe in:
- Practicing Islamic values which develop a character of honesty, integrity, and responsible behavior.
- Challenging students to think critically and creatively.
- Developing the whole child – intellectually, spiritually, socially, and physically.
- Preparing students to contribute constructively to a global society.
- Communicating effectively. This is essential for a cohesive school community and a positive school climate.
- Instilling learning as a life-long process.
- Inspiring excellence.
ILM Academy is committed to providing a child-centered education of superior quality. Enrolling students in Kindergarten to Grade 8 for the 2018-19 school year, our objective is educating the whole child while fostering intellectual, creative, religious, social, and physical development.
- Mufti Mudassir Owais
Mufti Mudassir is a teacher and resident scholar at ICF, Islamic Center of Fremont and currently heads numerous scholastic efforts. He also serves as a counselor and mentor for all ages of both the dedicated and the casual seekers of Islamic knowledge.
- Maulana Tameem
Maulana Tameem is a Bay Area resident and graduate of San Francisco State University and Binoria Madrassa, Karachi where he received his master’s degree in Arabic and Islamic Studies.. For the greater part of the last decade, Maulana Tameem has engaged in a rigorous curriculum of religious knowledge, studying under some of the foremost scholars of North America, Africa, & South Asia. He is the Imam and Director of Masjid al-Huda in Union City, California, the Founder of Nur Institute, dedicated to Islamic education and enrichment, and currently the principal of Darul-Ulum Fremont, ICF, where he teaches future-generation scholars of Islam in the esteemed Aalim Course program.
ICF Board (as an umbrella organization)
- Mrs. Huma Bokharey – Principal/Administrator
Mrs. Bokharey brings over twenty-three years of distinguished educational expertise and experience to Ilm Academy. She has an MS in Administrative Sciences and over the course of her career her credentials have included the roles of both teacher and administrator in the Challenger School System. Additionally, she has held the position of Corporate Quality Assurance Manager for CA, NV, and UT Challenger Schools. Mrs. Bokharey has founded Ilm Academy and has served as its Principal since its inception.
- Irum Sarfaraz – Assistant Principal
Ms. Sarfaraz is a veteran journalist with over twenty-five years of experience in the writing field. With an MS in English Literature, and writing diplomas, her published credentials include over two thousand bylines in magazines, newspapers, and blogs, and a poetry anthology and novel. Seasoned in English and Urdu fiction and non-fiction writing, translations, and editing, her major projects include the translation of Harun Yahya’s ‘Evolution Deceit’ and ‘Atlas of Creation Vol. 1’ from English to Urdu. She continues to overlook the school’s Language Arts program as Director of Language Arts, 8th Grade LA teacher, and School Publications Editor.
- Shehnila Vaid – Office Supervisor
Ms. Vaid manages the office and office staff at Ilm Academy. With a BA in Commerce and multiple ECL Units from Ohlone College, she is among the pioneering staff/parents behind Ilm Academy since its inception. Ms. Vaid has seven years of experience in teaching, including teaching KG at Ilm Academy. Currently her responsibilities include assistance in administrative tasks, parent/office coordination, and other regulatory affairs.
- Wahida Lambe – School Accountant
Ms. Lambe has a BA in Economics and Politics and over ten years of experience in accounting. Additionally, she also has over two years of abacus teaching experience. Prior to joining Ilm Academy, Ms. Lambe worked at the American Heart Association accounts division. Besides overlooking the school’s accounts, she also assists Ms. Vaid with office affairs.
- Hafeezah Fajrelidrissi – Quran/Deeniyaat Teacher
- Dr. Aishatu Rabiu Muhammad – Quran/Deeniyat Teacher
- Fatima Zahra – Kindergarten Teacher
- Aiman Khan – Kindergarten Teacher
- Uzma Kardame – 1st Grade Homeroom
- Qurrot ul Ain Taher – 1st Grade Homeroom
- Tahira Aftab – 2nd Grade Homeroom
- Farheen Banu – 3rd Grade Homeroom
- Sabiha Niaz – 3rd Grade Homeroom
- Shazia Khanam – 4th Grade Homeroom
- Rukaiya A. – Assistant Teacher
- Firdoes Syeda – 5th Grade Homeroom
- Nahaya Muhayya – 6th Grade Homeroom
- Aisha Shafqat – 7th Grade Homeroom
- Irum Sarfaraz – 8th Grade Homeroom
Hafsa Saadia, Fizza Anwar – Middle School Teachers
- Coach Khadir Salama – PE
Members of the Parents’ Community
Mr. Adnan Makda (Engineer)
Mr. Iqbal Zaveri (Engineer)
Mr. Yousuf Vaid (Engineer)
Mr. AbdurRehman (Engineer)
Mr. Danish Najam (Engineer)
- A challenging curriculum,
- Low student to teacher ratio, and
- An Islamic environment through which we encourage our students to participate actively in an educational community that promotes ethical value based leadership, self-reliance, and critical thinking.
Believing in the inherent strengths of a human mind, Ilm Academy celebrates the achievements of individual interests and personal talents of its student body.
Ilm Academy is thankful to Allah (swt) for bringing the school so far and prays that Insha Allah, the name of the school be highlighted further in the future as its young scholars gradually move into more advanced educational and professional arenas